Tip # 1: 動詞優先(避免名詞化)
- We should take into consideration several factors.
- He must make a decision about what to do.
- They gave us information about the new research program.
- We should take into consideration several factors. [7個字]
- He must make a decision about what to do. [9個字]
- They gave us information about the new research program. [9個字]
- We should consider several factors. [5個字]
- He must decide about what to do. [7個字]
- They informed us about the new research program. [8個字]
× The analysis of how X-factor impacts B gene expression was conducted. [11個字]
√ We analyzed X-factor’s impact on B gene expression. [8個字]
如果你檢視過常見的動詞名詞化，可以發現一個模式。動詞使用像是”make”和”take,” 動名詞(verb+ing), 或名詞由 -tion, -sion, -ment, -ence, 和 -ance 結尾的，很高機率都有一個相對應的動詞， 所以當你在修改英文時，利用尋找功能找出這些結尾和動詞後修正就好囉!
- 無意義動詞 + 動詞名詞形:刪除無意義的，將動詞名詞形轉換為主要動詞。
- Joe will conduct research on the impact of the recent drought on local wildlife. → Joe will research the recent drought’s impact on local wildlife.
- The board will make a decision next week about whether to accept you next week. → The board will decide next week whether to accept you.
- The approval of the plan was given by the committee yesterday. → The committee approved the plan yesterday.
- 動詞名詞形兩兩相接: 轉化第一個動詞名詞形為動詞，保留第二個或將其轉化成疑問子句。
- Their interpretation of the implementation of the institute’s program was insightful. → They insightfully interpreted how the institute implemented its program.
- First was their introduction of their analysis of dreams by the trauma patients. → First, they introduced how they analyzed the trauma patients’ dreams.
- 當主詞中的動詞名詞形與謂詞的動詞名詞形時: 將兩個動詞名詞形轉成動詞，考量兩者的關係並加上合理的連接詞(because, when, if, although, even though, despite, etc.)。.
- Her understanding of the situation was evidenced by the quitting of her job. → She understood the situation … she quit her job → When she quit her job, she showed she understood the situation.
- We made an agreement not to buy the house.
- They reached the conclusion that we should run a new cohort study.
- Our review of the test results will begin tomorrow.
- The discovery of a new planet by the Frankfurt Observatory excited the scientific community.
- The failure of the staff to organize the festival properly was a disappointment to us.
- The undertaking of building the new company was complicated by their lack of experience.
- We agreed to not buy the house.
- They concluded that we should run a new cohort study.
- Starting tomorrow, we will review the test results.
- The Frankfurt Observatory discovered a new planet, which excited the scientific community.
- When the staff failed to organize the festival properly, they disappointed us.
- They lacked experience, which complicated how they built the new company.